Finished (2016-2019) - Improving Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans and Measures in the Mediterranean. A 3 years' Interreg MED project approved on 2016 on environmental sustainability
Go-SUMP is targeting the challenges of capitalisation and mainstreaming of projects' results and solutions for sustainable mobility in the Mediterranean at transnational level, which was obvious during the last programming period of the MED Programme.
Using a specialized partnership as backbone of the working structure, GO SUMP will work to solve the gap of sustainable mobility as a part of urban planning, by guiding and supporting modular projects as a community, to improve the visibility, capitalization and mainstreaming of their results through joint strategies based on synergies and networking. GO SUMP will act as a bridge among the Med Programme and projects, and the stakeholders for their communication and capitalization through key thematic groups such as Civitas, Eltis, the SUMP Platform or the Covenant of Mayors.
By capitalizing good and especially bad practices, the horizontal project, will contribute to a unique identity on SUMPs in the Med cities enhancing its peculiarities as a key to implement low carbon transport & mobility measures. The role of the AMB, acting as General Secretariat of MedCities, is to actively participate in the animation of a community of Mediterranean actors in order to create synergies among the projects and to contribute to the communication and capitalisation of their results.
Leader: Ayuntamiento de Málaga (Malaga City Council)
- EUROCITIES ASBL
- CODATU, Working for sustainable mobility in developing cities
- UNIMED, Mediterranean Universities Union
- RDA Green Karst, Regional Development Agengy of Green Karst
- BIC Euronova, European Business and Innovation Centre of Málaga
- CAT MED, Platform for Sustainable Urban Models
- Polis, Promotion of Operational Links with Integrated Services aisbl
- CPMR, Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions of Europe
- Albanian Institute of Transport (Ministry of Transport and infrastructure)
- Government of Catalonia, Department of Territory and Sustainability
- AVITEM, Agency for sustainable Mediterranean cities and territories
- International Sava River Basin Commission
1,409,628.15 €. The 85% is co-financed by European Union (1,198,183.93 €) and the rest 15% by Partners (211,444.22 €).