GO SUMP Mid-term event and the Smart City Expo in Barcelona
The Conferences will take place in Barcelona, the 12th and 13th of November, organised by MedCities and Metropolitan Area of Barcelona (AMB), in the frame of GO SUMP Project (Interreg MED) and SMART MR Project (Interreg Europe). It will host the partners of the Interreg MED Modular Projects from the Urban Transports Thematic Community together with the participation of the Modular projects from the Efficient Buildings and Renewable Energy Communities.
At this moment, most of the projects are in the mid-term of their overall performance and the conference will be occasion to present their on-going results to experts and strategic institutions with the objective to consolidate their technical approach and their contribution to regulatory framework. MedCities and the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona with the support of the Barcelona Smart City Expo World Congress (SMEWC) organize the international conference, meetings and technical visits.
The conference welcomes all who work on urban transports, sustainable mobility, energy efficiency in buildings and renewable energies, in local governments, in regional or national authorities, but also politics, universities, businesses, industry and NGOs. The idea of bringing together different actors gives the opportunity to overview the trends on sustainable initiatives while introducing the most highlighted results with broader impact, which are backed on I+D+I projects, aiming at promoting Low-Carbon territories.
- Show projects' solutions for the promotion of sustainable mobility models in the Mediterranean area.
- Meeting of experts from urban transports sector to explore new synergies, share best practices and innovative ideas.
- Understand the current state, the challenges and the assets of the urban transports sector in the Mediterranean area.
- Formulate recommendations for the improvement of the urban transports sector in the Mediterranean area.
- Meeting to share political approaches and recommendations, especially for goals and activities post-2020.
Mediterranean Local Authorities are kindly invited to attend both events: the GO SUMP Mid-term event and The Smart City Expo World Congress. Thanks to the collaboration agreement between MedCities and the SCEWC organizers, MedCities' members will be offered with a discount to exhibit or to visit the SCEWC event.
More details will be available soon in the Smart City Expo World Congress