Larnaca First Steering Committee Meeting
The meeting entitled "First Diagnostic Report" was organised as part of the "Strategic Framework Phase" of the USUDS program.
The two volumes of the "First Diagnostic Report" were provided and presented to the Steering Committee. This committee, which consists of representatives from government, semi-government, non-governmental organisations and independent bodies, is the driving force behind the program, and the main decision-making body during the project.
The Mayor, Mr. Andreas Louroutziatis, at his introductory speech, welcomed the Steering Committee to the first meeting of the USUDS program, in which the Municipality of Larnaka is a participating member. Larnaca Municipality, though USUDS, is developing the strategic plan for the sustainable development of Larnaca. "The ultimate goal" the Mayor stated "is the ranking of projects and activities that will contribute towards sustainable development".
The Steering Committee Meeting was very productive. The Municipal Service reviewed the activities carried out by the Larnaca Team during the two phases of the USUDS program, the Distinctive Memory phase and the Diagnostic phase. The Local Team of external experts presented the SWOT analysis with regards the Demographics, the Infrastructure, the Environment, the Economy and the Urban Planning of the city and district of Larnaca.
10:00 Arrival and registration of participants
10:15 Greeting by Andreas N. Louroutziatis, Mayor of Larnaca
10:20 Introduction by Eleftherios Embedoklis, CEO of Larnaka Municipality
10:30 The Local Team of external experts presented the SWOT analysis with regards the:
- Demographics by Elena Papageorgiou, Architect, Local Team Expert, USUDS project
- Infrastructure by Simos Nikolaou, GIS & Mapping, Local Team Expert, USUDS project
- Environment by Thomas Thompson, Environmental Scientist, Local Team Expert, USUDS project
- Economy by Constantinos Charalambous, Economist, Department of research and Development Director, PA College
- Urban Planning by Constantina Constantinidou Kalopedi, Local Team Leader / Coordinator, USUDS project
11:15 Coffee break
14:00 End of the meeting