Citisense 2014 Conference
As part of the Smart City Expo World Congress, the World Bank is organizing CitiSense 2014 Conference on November 16th and 17th, 2014 in Barcelona. This second edition will promote the "how to" implement innovative approaches for urban management.
The objectives of CitiSense are to:
- allow cities to connect and learn from each other's experience and global expertise;
- support peer-to-peer learning among various city stakeholders to promote the concept of transforming cities into hubs for innovation and prosperity;
- boost co-creative efforts to empower citizens; and
- leverage new and existing technological platforms to improve service delivery and urban management.
The first CitiSense 2013 was organized with the goal of promoting 'Innovation from within' on the eve of the Smart City Expo World Congress in 2013. The event brought together more than 250 stakeholders from over 90 developed and developing cities, including city and municipal leaders, urban and energy specialists, and technology experts.
- Makers for Productive Cities.
- Internet of Everything / Internet of Things.
- Institutional arrangements for innovation at the city level.
- Regulation and incentives for innovation, including procurement for innovation.
- Open data for Open Cities.
- Funding open innovation for cities: from informal crowd funding to incubating.
For more information...