Social and Intercultural Dialogue through Governance for Local development: Mediterranean Urban and Peri-urban Agriculture (UPA)
The aim of the project is to promote social and intercultural dialogue through cross-border cooperation in the realm of local Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture (UPA) related governance issues.
The specific objective is to improve the capabilities of Project Partner Cities and Public administration towards implementing governance policies and strategies on local "UPA". Such policies should be aimed at promoting social and intercultural dialogue and fighting social exclusion and poverty in cities.
The purpose of the action is:
- To plan and implement four strategic UPA plans to fight urban exclusion and poverty.
- To implement joint UPA governance committees with private/public sector members in four areas.
- To increase in UPA fields in three areas employing marginal community members for commercial aims.
- To disseminate the project results to other Mediterranean cities from the MEDCITIES and ESMO network.
- To increase capacity of Public Administration cultural mediators (of Rome, BMA, Mahdia and Balga) to promote social and intercultural dialogue and support UPA governance processes.
For more information please visit the project website.